This blog was created as a way to preserve memories and photos of Grandma and Grandpa and to make them accessible to everyone. I hope anyone reading this will add anything that reminds them of Chet & Thelma. Leave your memories as comments on the posts or create your own post. Click on the slideshow to see an album with their photos. Let me know if you have any photos to add. Eventually, I would like to print a book with everything contained on this site along with their histories. Enjoy!

Monday, August 18, 2008

The Pasture - The Field

Grandpa used to leave notes to Grandma when he was going up into the field. This poem (and song) remind my mother of her dad asking Grandma in a note, "Do you still want to come up in the field with me?"

Lyrics:
I'm going out to clean the pasture spring;
I'll only stop to rake the leaves away
(And wait to watch the water clear, I may):
I sha'n't be gone long. You come too.
I'm going out to fetch the little calf
That's standing by the mother. It's so young,
It totters when she licks it with her tongue.
I sha'n't be gone long. You come too.