This blog was created as a way to preserve memories and photos of Grandma and Grandpa and to make them accessible to everyone. I hope anyone reading this will add anything that reminds them of Chet & Thelma. Leave your memories as comments on the posts or create your own post. Click on the slideshow to see an album with their photos. Let me know if you have any photos to add. Eventually, I would like to print a book with everything contained on this site along with their histories. Enjoy!

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Leave your memories here

View or add your memories of Chet & Thelma by clicking on "COMMENTS" below.

2 comments:

Katie Pettey said...

Apparently, I get my whistling skills from Grandpa. This may sound strange, but he was a beautiful whistler. His tunes were very intricate and always right on pitch. I loved listening to him.

He was an engineering genius. He helped me build a balsa wood bridge for extra credit in my high school math class. The local college came down to test all the bridges with a machine. I didn't dare tell him mine didn't take 1st place, but the time we spent together in his shop drawing up plans and carefully gluing the wood together was well spent. I will never forget the twinkle he would get in his eye whenever I would suggest such a project or ask how he would do something. After I got married, he always had suggestions on my home improvement projects.

Katie Pettey said...

Dearest Grandma,

You’ve taught me many important lessons in life. Thank you for teaching me to always make cinnamon toast after swimming, for teaching me the right way to sort buttons and count scraps of fabric, and for teaching me that a sleepover at Grandma’s house can be even more fun when it includes a field trip to the hospital with Grandpa. Thank you for teaching me how to be happy for other people, how to love others without judging, that talking badly about someone else never proves to be helpful for anyone, and that everyone is precious, even though you always made me believe I was the only one. Thank you for sharing your unconditional love with my boys who will always feel they are precious to you. You will always be precious to me and my family.